Lelu is Hiring a Product Designer
Lelu is a mission-driven education technology company that uses an integrated subscription model (consisting of 1:1 Tutoring + Peer Community + a STEAM Activity Box) to deliver the most effective language learning experience for kids.
Founded at Stanford University, Lelu will become the global leader in second language education through our mission of making bilingualism a vibrant part of every child's life. We are growing fast – join us to build the most transformative language learning platform in the world!
Role And Responsibilities
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join our team to lead the development of fun and creative STEAM projects in collaboration with our curriculum and content specialist. As our Product Designer, you will play a critical role, adopting the Design Thinking methodology and owning the entire product development process, including:
- Empathize: must be passionate about kids and develop every design with complete thoughtfulness and empathy
- Define: work with Curricula/Content Specialist and Tutors to define our monthly activities with the needs of individual kids in mind
- Ideate: brainstorm and research creative product concepts aligned with our quality standard and commit to constant innovation and ego-free discussions
- Prototype: enjoy getting your hands dirty; build and iterate quickly
- Test: work with kids to test out product concepts and stay observant and open to their feedback
- Manufacturing: write product specs and work with manufacturers to determine materials and production details while keeping track of quality and costs
- 3+ years of experience in 'physical' product design (not UX/UI design)
- Full exposure to a complete product development cycle
- Experience prototyping and working with manufacturers
- Strong project management skills with flexibility to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to work closely with cross-functional teams
- Strong problem solver with excellent communication skills
Scrappy, ready to wear many hats and play an integral role in our young company’s life
- Early-stage startup experience
- Background in industrial design or product design
- Experience in educational projects or strong interest in children enrichment
- Bilingual (understands what it takes to learn and maintain two or more languages)
To apply: Please send your resume, portfolio, and a paragraph on why Lelu’s mission resonates with you to email@example.com by September 31.